Charbear's Corner

Charbear's Corner
Lord make me less so You can become more

About Me

My photo
My name is Charity and I'm 37 years old. I have a strong personal relationship with Jesus as my best friend, God as my father, and the Holy Spirit as my guide. So..I guess that makes me a Born Again Christian. I attend the most wonderful church ever..Calvary's Love. I run a Christian Performing Arts studio called Lighthouse and teach the most wonderful, talented children. I love my family and friends and I'm a very dedicated and loyal person.

Monday, July 30, 2007

The Secret Place

(I wrote this on 11/18/96)

There is a room that I locked up tight so many years ago
It's a place that's in my heart. It's a place I do not show.
The pain that is inside is much to hard to bare
so I keep that door locked tight and I did not go there
When I was a child that room was built, the walls are very strong
They've stored the pain for many years, yes, it's been very long
It's a secret place where I don't go
So, I'd forgotten it was there
I didn't want anyone to know
I didn't think they'd care
One day while I was in church a preacher sang a song
A song about the secret place that I have had so long
and Jesus came and held my hand and said, We must begin"
"I will sweep away the pain if you will let me in"
So I agreed and He began to open up that door
I felt my heart start breaking like it had never broke before
The pain rushed out and was so intense it brought me to my knees
As a flood of tears ran down my cheek I felt a gentle breeze
That breeze then knocked that room down and swept it clean away
Now in it's place sits Jesus who fills it everyday

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job, I like this. Even though I don't FEEL it everyday!!!

Proverbs 31 Woman Wannabe said...

This poem is profound! It is incredibly intense and so well written. Though I'm sorry for your pain, I thank you for sharing it on your blog.