Charbear's Corner

Charbear's Corner
Lord make me less so You can become more

About Me

My photo
My name is Charity and I'm 37 years old. I have a strong personal relationship with Jesus as my best friend, God as my father, and the Holy Spirit as my guide. So..I guess that makes me a Born Again Christian. I attend the most wonderful church ever..Calvary's Love. I run a Christian Performing Arts studio called Lighthouse and teach the most wonderful, talented children. I love my family and friends and I'm a very dedicated and loyal person.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Cry In The Dark

(I wrote this during a time in my life when I was in a dark valley)

Alone in the dark, lost and afraid
regretting the past and mistakes that I've made
My heart's full of sorrow, my tears fall like rain
I'm dreading tomorrow. I can't stand the pain
I feel like I'm sinking deeper within
death has my hand and it's pulling me in
I feel like I've given all I can give
I'm asking why I should go on and live
I've been used and abused and so beaten down
The person I was just isn't around
I don't even know who I am anymore
I don't know what I should be living for
I know these are lies from the pit of hell
and I've lost God's vision for my life as well
Can you hear me oh Lord? Oh God rescue me!
Shine your light in my darkness so that I might see
Give me direction and hold my hand tight
Hold me and love me and please make it right
Help me be strong and not to give in
Forgive my mistakes, erase all my sin
Restore me to You, give me a new start
I'll never be lonely with You in my heart!

No comments: