Charbear's Corner

Charbear's Corner
Lord make me less so You can become more

About Me

My photo
My name is Charity and I'm 37 years old. I have a strong personal relationship with Jesus as my best friend, God as my father, and the Holy Spirit as my guide. So..I guess that makes me a Born Again Christian. I attend the most wonderful church ever..Calvary's Love. I run a Christian Performing Arts studio called Lighthouse and teach the most wonderful, talented children. I love my family and friends and I'm a very dedicated and loyal person.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thankful & humbled




I am thankful for clean water. Billions of people on this earth have no clean drinking water.

I am thankful for food. Millions of people go each day without food. 3 million of them are children

I am thankful for my next breath. Evry 3 seconds someone on this earth dies from hunger.

I am thankful to live in America.

I am thankful for the freedom to practice my faith, gather in a public place and worship God without fear of being thrown in jail or shot and killed.

I am thankful for my Bible. Many Christians in this world cling to the one little verse or scrap of paper torn from a Bible.

I am thankful to be able to express my thoughts and feelings without fear.

I am thankful for our soldier who go days, months, and sometimes years without being with their family, loved ones, & children. Who lay their life on the line everyday so that I may have these freedoms.

I am thankful to have such luxeries as shoes, clothes, ice cream, a roof over my head. Millions of people will never know such luxeries.

I am thankful for my job and to earn what I do. Most people on this earth are lucky to make $1 a day and they most likely work harder then I do.

Did you know that the amount of money American's spend on ice cream in a year could cloth, feed, and give medical attention to the world.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

ellen b. said...

All the things we take for granted. It's good to be reminded to be thankful for these. blessings.
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/