Charbear's Corner

Charbear's Corner
Lord make me less so You can become more

About Me

My photo
My name is Charity and I'm 37 years old. I have a strong personal relationship with Jesus as my best friend, God as my father, and the Holy Spirit as my guide. So..I guess that makes me a Born Again Christian. I attend the most wonderful church ever..Calvary's Love. I run a Christian Performing Arts studio called Lighthouse and teach the most wonderful, talented children. I love my family and friends and I'm a very dedicated and loyal person.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Truth

God will always talk to us but we don't want to hear
Sometimes because of doubt, sometimes because of fear
Sometimes it is a simple thing that God wants us to do
like walk up to someone you know and say, "Jesus loves you"
Other times we just don't hear because we're doing other things
"Too busy, God, no time for that. No time to praise & sing.
No time to kneel and pray to You. No time to read your Word.
Fasting? Are You crazy? That is totally absurd!"
Sometimes we don't listen. We're afraid of what He'll say,
that He might reveal some sin and make us change our way.
Sometimes it's pure rebellion. We shut the door and lock it tight.
So Jesus comes a knocking but we shut out the light.
Then one day you need Him. Your life's beyond repair.
You open the door so quickly, you expect to find Him there.
You cry out, "Where are You God? What kind of friend are you?
Why aren't you here beside me now?" God says, "I am with you".
"I never left, you were the one who pushed Me far away.
You shut the door, you locked it tight, and hid the key away.
So many times I called to you but you didn't want to hear.
So many times I came to you, but you didn't want me near.
I sent my son to die for you and take away your sin,
but you never cared enough for Him to ever let Him in."
"And you wonder why your life's a mess and in need of repair?
You try to blame it all on me? Do you really think that's fair?"

1 comment:

Proverbs 31 Woman Wannabe said...

Wow, I'm glad I found your blog. You are so talented! I am enjoying reading your poems. Thanks for posting them for us to read. :)